Last week I received my very first Birchbox. For those of you who don’t know, Birchbox is a subscription service in which you pay an automatic $10 a month to get a box of different (fully and sample sized) beauty products that are tailored to your skin color and beauty preferences. I had heard about Birchbox before but finally decided to try it for myself.
I didn’t get off to a great start as my shipment seemed to get stuck at that last step before “Out for Delivery” according to UPS tracking. After other friends had received their January boxes and a few days of checking my tracking info every few hours, I decided to give Birchbox a call. The employee I spoke to was so helpful. She said the box probably got stuck or lost at the post office and immediately offered to send out a new box that same day. She apologized for the inconvenience and told me if I ended up getting my original shipment to feel free to keep both, score!
About a week later I received both boxes within a few days of one another. I couldn’t wait to find out what I’d scored…
- The Juicy perfume isn’t really what I would usually buy for myself. But it’s a nice change and I always love getting sample size perfumes, they’re perfect for an on the go spritz.
- Caudaline’s moisturizer was very small, the tube was about the size of your thumb from the tip to the base. But, it is so light I barely felt like I was wearing anything, and I love that it has some SPF.
- The 100% Pure body cream was a “beauty extra.” I’m assuming because the 2 packs that I got were about the size of sample products you see that come inside of magazines, attached to ad inserts. It was pretty good, but I would have liked to get a sample sized bottle instead.
- Number 4 clarifying shampoo was really great, my hair felt smooth and light the way it does after you cut a cut and they use the expensive shampoo on you in the salon. I wish it smelt a little less like a salon though, it reminded me a lot of the very “this is clearly a hair product” smell that you find in a lot of Avon products before you get used to them.
- ModelCo lipgloss, this was by far my favorite product of the bunch. It was a full size tube, but not just full-size it was almost double the size of a standard MAC lipgloss and it has a mirror on the side for easy, on the go application. I am so happy that this was the ful sized item. The color looks fantastic, color but not too much and it smells nice without an overpoweringly fruity smell.
Overall, I would recommend giving Birchbox a go. It is super affordable and it’s like getting presents every month. Plus, if you don’t like something you can always give it away without feeling like you wasted your money, since you’ve got other scores! Worse comes to worse, you try it out for a few months but it’s just not for you, you can cancel at anytime.
Do you get Birchbox? How do you like it?